Wednesday 23 November 2011

Miracles do happen

I lost my mobile phone on Saturday.  I only realised it when Dirk rang the number so I could find it!  I couldn't find it.  But someone did answer the phone.

"Are you looking for your phone back?" they asked.

Dirk quickly handed me the phone!

"Em, yes please...?" I replied, somewhat sheepishly.

"You must have left it here, at the coffee kiosk at the Christmas Fair, come and collect it," replied a very warm and helpful voice.

Here's the anomaly, while we were at the Christmas Fair, I was no where near the coffee kiosk.  How ever my phone left my bag, it made its way through at least one helpful person who handed it into the lovely lady at the kiosk.

London living can be quite taxing: the crowds, the speed, the stress... but in moments like this, when a chain of kind strangers reunite me with my smart phone, I cannot help but be impressed by the kindness of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment