Thursday 14 March 2013

Bless the Obstacle

Have you ever noticed how, when something goes wrong, you harden inside?  It's the tension, the stress, the fear.  In that moment, we are in opposition with the obstacle.  It sets up a win/lose dynamic.

Bless the obstacle.  It dissolves tension.  Bless the obstacle.  It dissolves opposition.  Bless the obstacle.  It dissolves stress.  Bless the obstacle.  It's the pathway to unexpected miracles.

Someone jumps ahead of you in the queue.  Peace be with you.
Someone steals your idea at work.  Peace be with you.
The red lights are against you.  Peace be with you.
You get soaked on the way home.  Peace be with you.
The childminder cancels.  Peace be with you.
Your teenager is withdrawn and angry.  Peace be with you.
Your toddler makes your teenager look like a polite guest.  Peace be with you. Peace be with you. Peace be with me.
You mess up.  Peace be with me.
You're having a bad hair day / fat day / wrong-side-of-the-bed-day.  Peace be with me. Peace be with me.  Peace be with me.

It rebalances you.  It centres you.  It's a tiny shift that makes an enormous difference.  It changes the outcome. 

Nor is this pie in the sky.  My two year hasn't slept through the night in months.  Last night was no excpetion.  I lay awake for two hours, unable to return to sleep after yet another episode.   Peace be with you.  Peace be with you.  Peace be with you.  Peace be with me.  Over and over again.

This morning, to my amazement, I feel rested, calm and loving.  He is being an adorable darling.  Peace be with you.  It's the work of your Inner Angel.

Bless the obstacle.  Why walk around it when you can dissolve it?  Peace be with you.  Today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment