Tuesday 22 January 2013

Intention

We are the sculptors of our own lives.  Our thoughts are potent.  Indeed, we are what we think.  As within, so without.  The world around us is an exact reflection of our inner world. 

If there is something we dislike in someone else, it is because our soul is calling our attention to that characteristic in ourselves; we are being asked to own it and to heal it.

Creating heaven on earth for ourselves, allowing our Inner Angel to shine brightly requires us to master our thoughts.  Not overnight, or even over a week or a year.  Time isn't the issue.  It is intention.  Our intentions create the invisible signposts our soul use to create our physical lives.  For that reason, it pays to become aware of our intentions. 

Most of us create our lives unconsciously.  We don't set intentions so our lives can often seem ... a tad random, as if we weren't scripting our lives.  And that would be the truth.  Being unconscious of our inentions is unconcsious or random creation.

Personally, I have been a little lackluster in this department.  I've some big picture, life intentions, but my day to day life had been unguided until recently. I decided to take stock of my world. 

What was working?  What was really bugging me about my world?  Snappy, critical people.  Well guess what, Jennifer... that's You.  After the initial discomfort of owning my own snappy, critical responses - mostly to my poor husband - it's always those closest to us that suffer our shadow side most - I decided to do it differently. 

I created an affirmation: I am surrounded by happy, helpful, loving people.  I repeat this as often as I can with the intention of healing the part within that feels the need to be harsh and critical.

The effect has been two fold.  The first is that I have genuinely noticed that I feel much happier inside, more like a plump plum not a wrinkled prune!  Consequently, I am far kinder and more helpful towards my husband. 

The second effect is that I am meeting more kind, helpful people.  Every day.  Each day brings me more uplifting interactions with others, and more unexpected help and warmth from others, even strangers.

There are many areas of life I could improve, but for now, I'm just healing this little bit of me.  And noticing how healing myself creates blessings for me and those around me.  Such is the power of Intention and affirmation combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment