Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Ascension Rose

The Ascension process is the human equivalent of a rose bud blossoming: it is gentle, graceful, and of infinite beauty. 

It's worthwhile remembering those qualities because I know that, too often, I'm in such a hurry to flower, I become impatient and self critical: hardly a moment of beauty!

So, how do we blossom?  How can we engage in the process, gracefully?

At the core of the Ascension process is Love: the intimate, fully conscious union of ego and soul.  Remembering this makes the path a little clearer. 

This is a gentle path, which I frequently forget, but I think this is of fundamental importance.  Reconnecting with the soul, the Higher Self, is all about raising our vibration.  It is about expanding our ego from its traditional focus on fear, anger, greed and loss to the higher qualities inherent of the soul: love, compassion, forgiveness, and humour.

We all possess these beautiful qualities, but we have a tendency to save them for our nearest and dearest.  In our Ascension blossoming, we are invited to express these qualities fully, consistently and with everyone.  It's a tall order.  It requires practice.  It requires great gentleness because, for me anyway, I get really frustrated when I fall asleep on the job!  When I snap at my husband, because he pressed my button and I react blindly rather than taking a moment to stand back, to notice the truth of his comment, to respond from a place of honesty and compassion. 

This is a spiritual practice and like any spiritual practice, it takes time and commitment, and being human, and a willingness to keep forgiving ourselves when we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment