Tuesday 21 May 2013

Miracle on my doorstep

With every disaster, there is a story about someone who was never ever late and yet, on this one occasion, they were late and missed the disaster. This is just such a story.

I have four brother, all of whom are hard working, but the greatest workaholic among them, rang me one morning last week.  After he hung up from me he got a panicked call from work.  Where was he?  Was he ok? 

"I'm fine," he replied, "I'm at home, it's my day off."
"No, it's not your day off, that's tomorrow," came the reply.
"No, it's today," insisted my brother, "anyway, what's the problem?"
"When you didn't turn up this morning, we thought you were in the crash..."

There had been a multiple car crash on the road my brother travels every morning, at the exact time he travels it every morning. 

It wasn't his day off.

My brother never misses a minute of work, not to mention muddling up his day off.  It wasn't his time and he was protected. 

My mum rang and asked if I had sent him angels that morning.  I hadn't.  It was his own Guardian Angel.

In a world that can seem harsh, violent and even random, it is comforting to know that we are not alone.  We are all protected. 

Each and every one of us has a powerful, ever-loving Guardian Angel constantly looking out for us.  Sometimes their calling cards are dramatic, as in this case.  Sometimes they are discrete, like little whispers; and the more we listen, the more they can enrich our lives with their guidance, love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment